Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Court of Honor

Sorry to keep everyone waiting on these pictures! Cameron's Eagle Court of Honor couldn't have been more perfect!




We set up a table to display his scrapbook and signature pages, awards, congratulatory letters and certificates, service project book, and his patch banners are hanging in the background.


A good friend and co-worker of Danny's has a side business making cakes called Who Wants Cake? Not only did it look great, but it was SO yummy!


Mr. Randy Keaton, Pasquotank County Manager, was the benefactor of Cameron's service project. Cameron's cleared and restored an abandoned 19th century cemetery.


Here Cameron joined the other Eagle Scouts in reaffirming their allegiance to scouting.


Cameron with his official Eagle Scout certificate and flag that was flown over the Capital Building in DC.


This is me holding back my tears as my baby pins me with my last mother's pin.



Danny removed Cam's troop neckerchief and replaced it with his final and official Eagle Scout neckerchief.


Billy Broyles, a dear family friend and excellent Assistant Scout Master, was the recipient of Cameron's mentor pin. This man can do anything and his example is one worthy of looking up to.


Colin gave the benediction and blessing over the food.


Bring on the BBQ! MMM...MMM...MMM!


The Lions Club congratulated Cameron on their sign! How cool is that?


Yes, we had his name and Eagle Scout printed on M&M's!


I should have used different containers for his center pieces, because I was in serious need of quart jars for canning tomatoes! We also gave Lifesavers a new wrapper and gave them as party favors.

We are so proud of this goal...I can't say boy anymore...our young man has achieved. He has worked hard, done very well, and we are blessed by all the joy he has brought to our lives. We love you, Cameron!

3 comments:

  1. Something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the ceremony. Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. And I thank you for the post you shared. My son is working on becoming a eagle scout and I was trying to figure out a way to display all the patches he has earned.

    ReplyDelete