Thursday, May 20, 2010

DCBD #177


Well this week I am all about sponging! To shade my card, I inked my sponge with Rose Red classic ink and pulled my sponge gently from bottom to top. Once my Rose Red was the shade I wanted it, I lightly added some Soft Suede classic ink over top of it. Then I cut my corners, one in Rose Red and one in Soft Suede, and then I stamped them with a stamp from the Embrace Life set found on page 104 in the big catalog. Before I mounted them to my card, I sponged the edges...Love my sponges! Now on to a technique I've been wanting to try for a long time...the ribbon flower! Before you work with the ribbon you need to put a bunch of sticky strip on a piece of card stock. Then I stuck one end of my ribbon in the center and twisted the ribbon and pressed it in a circle until I got the desired size. I just trimmed the excess card stock to the size of my flower. To finish my flower, I added two little pieces of Always Artichoke ribbon for petals. The sentiment is from the Kind and Caring Thoughts hostess set. Finally, I added some more Soft Suede and Always Artichoke ribbon across the center and attached them with a Pink Rhinestone Brads.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty! Like the shading and your earthy colors! Great ribbon flower too- very cool! Thanks for playing with the Divas!

    ReplyDelete