Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Banquet


This year I was solicited by my church to make all of the favor's and place cards for our Mother's Day Banquet. The idea for the place cards came from Lisa Freeman. Thanks, Lisa! Our theme for this year was Tea Party with pink and yellow as our colors. So, I made little tea bag holders out of 2 scalloped envelopes.



Since my hubby is a hobby Confectioner, I solicited him to make candy covered spoons! He tried hard candy first, but we couldn't get the candy cool enough to dip the spoons before they melted or the candy hardened! So, he went to plan "B" and dipped them in white chocolate and drizzled pink and yellow chocolate over them! I wouldn't dip my chocolate spoon in my tea, but I sure would take a bite! What lady can resist chocolate? I think they turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment