Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Help Around The House




My oldest son has had a chore chart in place for a few years now. When I made it, I not only added chores, but I added almost all of his daily responsibilities. As he gets older, I change it up a bit! This is a great way for him to hold himself accountable...and it's a good way to remind him of his daily/weekly responsibilities before mom and dad start nagging! Since the chore chart has worked so wonderfully with my oldest, I thought I would give it a try with my 6 year old and 3 year old. I found these printable chore charts here! The wonderful thing about these, is you can customize them to fit your child's abilities and personality. There is only space for 3 chores. However, if you think your child could handle more, you could make a list for each room in the house or even make a morning and afternoon chart.
Now, I'll move on to how I made it! For the little ones chart, I customized, printed it and colored it in. Then I mounted it to some retired card stock (wonderful way to use up that retired stuff) and laminated it! Then I punched some eyelets in the top so it can hang on the refrigerator...oh, the ribbon is retired too! The reason I laminated it, is so the kids can use a dry erase marker to put a check in each completed chore box and at the end of the week, they get a little treat! Come Monday, they can erase and start all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment