Thursday, July 1, 2010

Time to Harvest...CORN!





I feel like I have neglected my stamps because everything is ready for harvest! Of course I get zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, and green beans everyday, but it seems the corn comes due all at once! We put on our boots and trekked out to our friends farm and harvested some corn! First we picked the corn...of course, boys will be boys...they launched the corn like grenades and they sharpened their fencing skills by using the corn as swords, and who can forget using the corn as a machine gun. How is it they can turn anything into a weapon? It was so much fun running around in the corn, even if it was muddy! Now comes the real work, shucking the husks, blanching, and freezing! I'll get to stamp soon...I just have to make time with all the fabulous new things coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment