Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my Mom's Birthday, so naturally, I had to make her a card. I wanted it to have a vintage look, no not because of her age, but because of her beauty! Nice recovery, Melissa! Tee Hee! Anyway, I saw a similar card posted by Teresa Giordano! I used Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand. My stamps were from the Vintage Vogue and Occasional Quote stamp sets. After I stamped my large flower, I cut it out, embossed it with some Glassy Glaze, and I can't forget the bling...so I had to add a rhinestone brad! Distressing the edges of my paper is one of my favorite things to do along with adding some instant age with sponging. Finally before I mounted everything, I wrapped some linen thread around the base of my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment