Thursday, October 28, 2010

Work in Progress





When I was asked to be in charge of the renovation of my church's nursery, I was a little scared, intimidated, overwhelmed...you name it and I felt it! Then I had a vision of a beautiful garden for our little ones to grow in. Watching this project come to life has been wonderful, scary, and full of surprises! First the walls were painted yellow...I had intended it to be the sun...come on everyone close your eyes and imagine! Like I did with my kitchen, I saw the yellow on the walls and thought, "OH NO, what have I done?" Then I remembered, that was my initial feeling about my kitchen and now it's my favorite room in the house because yellow is so inviting and just makes me happy (plus it looks better when you add things to the wall). Then the carpet came and the new windows and then it was my turn to have my way with the room. I solicited the help of my friend Chrissy who is gifted in the arts...I couldn't have done this project with out her talent! Thanks, Chrissy! Getting back on track, we then started adding color to the room...the point of NO RETURN...Yikes! But once we started we found it hard to stop! First the giant tree, then the Wisteria vine, then some grass and flowers, then came my favorite...giant sunflowers, and finally some critters. We have a few little things to finish adding, but I'm so excited about how things turned out that I just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment