Friday, February 18, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Welcome to "Food Friday" #3! I'm so excited about this new adventure on my blog. So much so, that I've been reading a ton about "real food" and brainstorming how I can share it with you! I truly believe that sharing this adventure is something that God has pressed on my heart! Before I start babbling, I'll get a move on to the ever so yummy BBQ Chicken Pizza!

What you'll need:
-a batch of whole wheat dough
-pizza stone
-favorite BBQ sauce (ours is Sweet Baby Rays)
-favorite hot sauce (ours is Schlotzsky's hot sauce, but I use all kinds)
-5-8 chicken tenderloins
-2 cups of mozzarella cheese
-1 medium onion
-2 TBSP honey
-1 TBSP brown sugar
-olive oil
-TBSP butter

*Note* You can make your pizza crust in advance or fresh the day of!


Step 1: Marinate your chicken at least 3 hours in your favorite BBQ sauce and a couple TBSP of olive oil.


Step 2: In a small bowl mix 3/4-1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, 1 TBSP of your favorite hot sauce, 1 TBSP of brown sugar, 2 TBSP's of honey.


Step 3: Baste all of the above mixture onto your pizza crust. You can make more sauce than this...I don't, because my crew doesn't care for super saucy pizza.


Step 4 & 5: Chop your onion into small slices. Then your going to caramelize them in a pan with 1 TBSP of butter over med hi heat.


Step 6 & 7: Grill your chicken and cut in to small bits or shred. While your working on this step pre-heat your oven to 350*.


Step 8: Top your pizza with onions and chicken.


Step 9: Cover with mozzarella cheese and put it in the oven for 17-20 minutes. I turn my oven to broil for the last minute to make my cheese nice and golden.


Step 10: ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment