Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FREEDOM!

Cassie doesn't usually collect the eggs by herself, but today, she thought she'd give it a try. I was busy in the kitchen and didn't think much of her going out in the backyard. When I peeked out the window she was running to the house with her hands folded to her neck. As she got closer I realized she had her arms filled with eggs. She was so excited that there were 5 eggs, that she left the coop open and the girls ran for freedom.

I had just finished making my Broccoli Cheddar Soup and my Chicken Pot Pie had a few more minutes in the oven (more on those in another post...MMMM). I grabbed my scrap bowl and headed out to gather the girls. When I have the scrap bowl in hand, they come running!

So, I corralled them into the coop and gave them their scraps and headed back to the house. Only to realize I didn't close the side door on the coop that Cassie left open. Yup...they got their treat and ran for freedom...AGAIN!


"Hey, you got anymore of those scraps?"

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog. Very lovely! Got a chuckle from your chicken story! Have a blessed day! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete