Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sweet Potatoes

I'm so sorry for neglecting my blog over the last few weeks. Things are typically busy around my home, but things have been down right hectic lately. From craft shows, birthday parties, scouting events, leading a ladies bible study, and hospital visits (we 5 are fine), to the regular tasks like homeschooling, church, cooking, and cleaning! AHHHHH! This is just what I have on my plate...it seems that Dan and Cameron have lists equal to or grater than mine! We can't complain, it's a good feeling to see so many different things being accomplished.


So it's sweet potato time! Every fall we get about 80 pounds and freeze about 50 of it. The average weight of these was about 3 pounds!


Danny's mama has been visiting for the last few days to help me process these mutant sweet potatoes we got from a farmer friend.


Cassie and Colin wanted to help, so they formed a potato passing line from the sink to the pot.


Here's my littlest man helping mash the potatoes so I could bag them up. See that handy dandy little bag holder next to the pot? Danny found that for me and I have to say it's a helpful gadget!

2 comments:

  1. Colin is SO big! I'll have to find that bag holder! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    I have a delicious recipe for Sweet Potatoe Bundt Cake with caramel glaze.

    Sheryl G.

    ReplyDelete