Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Last week I was watching Pets TV on SkyAngel (our TV service provider)and they were featuring a little ranch in Temecula, California called The Alpaca Hacienda. Was it coincidence that this program aired just before I was to head out to California? I think not! Some of you may be aware of my blossoming love affair with alpacas. Anyway, after watching the program, I immediately contacted Danny to ask him if it would be possible for us to visit while we were in Los Angeles. Being the sweetheart that he is, we made arrangements to visit Beth and her alpaca herd for Valentine's Day.


Here, Beth was introducing me to the ladies in her herd. They are pretty shy animals, but very tender and affectionate when they are comfortable.


While I was sponging up all the information I could about these gorgeous beauties, Danny was getting friendly with the girls.


Here's another lovely lady...


and another!


These girls would have gotten in Danny's lap if he were sitting down. They loved the attention and allowed us to rub, scratch, and hug them!


This tiny little girl was...I hope I get this right...a rose grey Suri. There are 2 types of alpaca; Suri (surrey) and Huacaya (wah-KI'-ya). The Suri has long silky locks while the more common Huacaya has short dense fiber like a teddy bear.


We can't forget about the gentlemen. These are the young fellas and look at that view. Beth and Mike have a little slice of heaven tucked away in the hills of Temecula.


This guy is the prize of the herd...Crown Royal. He was pretty funny because he just looked at us with a look saying, "Yes, I know I'm beautiful." And he was! They all were!


Here's just one of the amazing things that Beth did with her alpaca fiber. These felted scarves were works of art that would make a stunning addition to any outfit. Check out Beth's Etsy Shop to see more of her amazing creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment