Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Creamy Breakfast Treat





Well, I have another Taste of Home recipe to share. First I made some yogurt from scratch! You'll need 3 cups quick cooking oats, 1-1/2 cups low-fat strawberry yogurt (mine was low fat because I used 1% milk to make my yogurt and added some of my homemade strawberry jelly), 1 cup of orange juice, 1/3 cup light cream, 2 TBSP of honey, 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries and diced strawberries, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1 medium apple peeled cored and grated, 1/2 cup sliced almonds. In a large bowl, combine oats, yogurt, orange juice, cream and honey. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently fold in fresh fruit. Cover and refrigerate before serving and sprinkle with almonds. I did taste it before I refrigerated it and the orange juice made it a little tart. After I chilled it for several hours, it wasn't tart at all! It was OH SO YUMMY! If you want to make it a meal, you can add some granola.

No comments:

Post a Comment