Saturday, November 27, 2010

What a week!









Thanksgiving was wonderful...so wonderful, I don't know where to start! I spent a good portion of the week prepping for the "big dinner"! We of course had turkey, then came all the special requests...sweet potato casserole, butternut squash souffle`, green bean casserole, stuffing muffins, cranberry salad, sweet corn, apple sauce, crowder peas, and fresh bread. There's no such thing as too many cooks in my kitchen! Earlier in the week, we made cookies and candy!
We had a couple of friends and family over to share the feast with us, but had enough food to feed a small army!
After dinner was over and everyone headed home for the evening, we immediately started moving all of the appliances out of my kitchen...why you ask...well, since the kitchen is where I spend most of my time, my dear darling husband decided to take advantage of the long weekend and put new floors in for me!
Friday, we needed to leave the house for the day. Cameron went hunting with his Papa and my mom and I took the little ones to Virginia. Since I don't much care for shopping, black Friday shopping was not an option, so we had to be creative! My mom suggested we take the little ones to do some of the things she used to take me to do during the holiday's when I was little. We started at the Virginia Beach Farmer's Market for lunch and then it was off the see the old Colman's Nursery Christmas Collection at the Courthouse Galleries. If any of you locals remember the Colman's Nursery, they had a spectacular Christmas display, but lost most of it in a fire. What they were able to salvage, was worth seeing. My little ones enjoyed it as much as I did, if not more, because they made it interactive with a scavenger hunt! Right next door to the gallery, is the Children's Museum and you know that was a blast. Pony and train rides, face painting, a balloon sword and rose, neat science stuff and more...who wouldn't have a blast! It was only mid afternoon and Danny was no where near done and needed us to be gone for several more hours, so we decided to do some visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment