Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blue Birds


I was starting to doubt my blue birds this year. Early in the season, they started a nest and then disappeared...I think they were spooked by my chickens. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a lot of blue bird activity. They took their time deciding which box to build in. Finally, they started a nest! I was so delighted, except for the last few days...they were gone. I figured this male picked a finicky wife who couldn't decide what she wanted. While I was tending my garden this evening, I saw a flash of blue...it was the male! He perched on the fence and just watched us and we watched back. So, before I called it an evening, I checked my box and sure enough there was one egg! Oh, the excitement of blue bird babies...I can't wait! It sure is going to be hot for that mommy once she starts sitting on the eggs. She won't start incubating them until she's done laying.

No comments:

Post a Comment