Sunday, July 25, 2010

Behavior Scale



I have a behavior scale that I use to keep the kids behavior in check. Since we are preparing to start a new school year, I thought I would make some renovations of my own in our school room and around the house. The renovations were new, but the color's I used were not...I thought I would put some of my retired card stock to good use! I used Summer Sun, Green Galore, and Real Red. After choosing my colors, I pressed 3 top notes in each color to make my pockets and then used some impression folders to give them some texture. Along with using up some retired paper, I thought I would use up some retired ribbon as well...Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Riding Hood Red. To hang the scale on the fridge, I added some eyelets and hung it from some magnets on the fridge for the kids to keep a close eye on! I decorated the tops of a couple of pencils to move up and down the scale.
The kids start every day in the first green pocket. When their behavior is bad I move their pencil towards the red and they can do good deeds to move back towards green. However, if they make it to the last red pocket, they have to go to their bed for at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment