Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring is in the air!

Spring is in the air...well it was today anyway! Looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow, spring isn't in the air full- time yet:( We still enjoyed it for today! One thing I love about visiting my in-laws is their backyard. Their back yard is right against the woods, which is the perfect place to catch a peek at some beautiful little birds. The birds aren't in their full spring plumage yet, but they sure were active today.


This little American Gold Finch and his pals were the most active of the birds. I can't wait to see them with their breeding feathers.


When this Red-bellied Woodpecker flew to the feeder, my day was made! The Gold Finches didn't mind him either.


Then there's the fuzzy little squirrel. He looks as if he's saying in a timid little chatter, "Um, do you have anything for me?"


I know this isn't a very good picture, but I wanted to share what happened. Our windows were open and I heard this loud honking...I guess that's the noise a goose makes...but it wasn't the normal bunch I usually hear. It was much louder (those Canadian Geese)! So, I ran for my camera and ran out the door to see 3 V's of geese merge together into a mass of geese. What was cool is when they all came together, they reorganized into one big V. Birds are like my TV from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment