Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Surprise!

Peeeeep! Peeeeep! Peeeeep! I kept hearing a crying chick. Thinking that maybe one of the babies hopped out of the brooder, I kept peeking in on them and all was fine. So, back to cleaning the kitchen I went...then while I was wiping off the table, I just happened to glance at the incubator and there it was, a cute little baby had hatched! That's were all the peeping was coming from! Now that's strange, because the incubator still reads 6 more days...WHAT? I'm thinking a hen was doing some sitting prior to me getting the eggs! The crazy stuff always happens on my watch! Thankfully, this time wasn't a scare, it was a tiny Easter surprise!


Peeeeep! Peeeeep! Peeeeep!


Here's the new arrival next to Butterscotch (20 days old today)! It's amazing how fast they grow!

1 comment:

  1. awwww I am missing my baby chickies while we are in Canada!

    ReplyDelete