Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh, So Pretty...Peach Jelly!

We took a drive and a ferry ride to Knott's Island the weekend before last and picked peaches. I don't know if it's me becoming more appreciative of God's creations or if the peaches were actually the prettiest I've ever seen, but the orchard was full of giant ready to eat peaches! We only picked 2 over-flowing pecks, but it was plenty to keep me busy.


Here's my little man wanting to go up to the top deck and visit with the captain of the ferry. Then he was distracted by the birds flying by and the motorcycles that were on board...we never made it to the the upper deck.


This is my baby girl watching the wake of the ferry. She was also wondering if there was a way we could retrieve the ring she just dropped over board. Then the conversation went into, "Mommy, what would happen if I went overboard?" I said, "Well, Daddy and I would jump over to get you and then the Coast Guard would probably come and pick us up!" Colin added, "Or, they would just put the little life boat from the upper deck in the water and come get you." He was really checking out that upper deck! I'm so glad that he pays attention to detail!


I didn't get any pictures of us picking peaches, because I forgot...yes I forgot...to charge the battery in my camera. OOPS! They smelled good, they were pretty and the weather was great. You're just going to have to take my word for it! Here is what I canned of the peaches.


So what's this you ask? Well, it's a jar of peach juice I made using the skins and pit of the peaches! I used every bit of those peaches! You might be wondering why I would want to make peach juice? Well, to make peach jelly of course! I stumbled upon a blog post that had a tutorial of how to make some beautiful clear peach jelly.


This is the finished product...6 jars of this beautiful clear rose colored peach jelly that is just as yummy as it looks! If you would like to see a step by step process of how you can make your own peach juice and jelly click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment