Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chief's Academy Formals


Isn't he handsome? He's worked hard over the last 17 years in the Coast Guard and I'm proud of all that he's accomplished. I'm proud to call him my Chief Dan!


We've seen and done some pretty awesome things over the years. Formal dinners hasn't been one of those things. Getting to attend Danny's graduation ball with him was very exciting, but not something I was prepared for. I don't have classy dresses or ball gowns tucked away waiting for an event to roll around and anyone who knows me well, knows that I don't enjoy shopping. Can I just say what happened next was perfect timing! My mom's neighbor came by with this dress and asked my mom if she knew anyone who could wear it because she didn't want to put it in her yard sale or take it to a thrift store. My mom said it looks like my daughters size. It was perfect for the occasion. Now all I had left to do was find a pair of shoes! That was the biggest challenge, but I weathered it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment