Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Two Sweet Babies!

You know the incubating eggs I showed you a couple of weeks ago? Well, two babies made it and we are SO excited! We actually saw the first one hatch. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!


Here's the first sign of hatching! It took the first one about 12 hours to hatch out! You could see the crack a little, then it would get tuckered out and rest a while. Then we could hear it peep and try again...this went on for the next 12 hours! Finally right at the end, the crack made a complete circle and then the end popped off...just like in cartoons!


It's out! Next it wiggled its way between the other two eggs for some snuggling and encouragement.


This is what we woke up to the next morning! Arent' they SO SWEET!


See it's egg tooth? Here's my little powder puff before it moved into the brooder! SO SWEET!


It looks like the one is whispering something to the other...If I had to guess it'd probably be something like, "That crazy lady with the flashing thing is back!"

I'll be posting on their progress over the next several weeks!

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY!! they are so cute! we just got home from picking up our chicks - we got a "whole mess of 'em" according to the young guy at the store. LOL Will post pics soon, but first I need to get back to work, which is really tough when they are cheeping at me to check on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your postings. I was looking forward to a new posting. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete