Thursday, January 26, 2012

Faith Comes By Hearing

Today, I finished Genesis and it only took me 3 days! Not only do I have a mental timeline in my brain now (something I've never been able to grasp) but I understood all of the information. Now I'm not one to curl up with a good book...I never have been because I can't sit still long enough. I have this uncontrollable urge to keep moving. But over the last few weeks, I've heard on the radio and read on a few blogs of people doing a read the bible in 90 days challenge. I was thinking to myself, that sounds impossible for me, even if I could read it, how much would I understand? I don't want to read the bible just to say I've read it cover to cover...I want to read it as well as understand it, enjoy it, and be able to retain it! Reading the bible from cover to cover is something I've always wanted to do. I've attempted, but sadly it always resulted in frustration and me quiting. Then I came across this post at Raising Homemakers the other day and suddenly I felt encouraged. Covering the bible in 90 days or even a year didn't seem so impossible anymore!

I set my computer up in the kitchen, pressed play and began to clean! Clean? What does covering the bible in 90 days have to do with cleaning? Well, I can listen to the bible and feed my urge to move by cleaning!

This is just one of the cabinets I was able to clean out and organize while listening to the bible! Hearing the bible is amazing! If you prefer, you can hear it word for word as a drama which brings the words to life.

If you're like me and have a hard time sitting still long enough to read, I encourage you to give listening a try! What's even more exciting, is my little ones enjoy listening too!
Free Audio Bible Download | Faith Comes By Hearing

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I hadn't thought of listening to scripture while cleaning. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so excited for my son to achieve this goal. I LOVE your scout banners. I have been looking for ideas to showcase his patches.

    ReplyDelete